For a truly unique horse riding experience, enjoy a day of horse riding through spectacular scenery and indulge in a gourmet lunch with wine and cheese tasting on the popular Gourmet Picnic Rides.
Meet your friendly horse riding guides and get acquainted with your fellow riders at the Glenworth Valley homestead before setting out on horseback to enjoy one of the Valley’s most scenic trails on your way to the spectacular picnic lunch spot. You’ll enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch by the banks of Popran Creek, before riding back to the homestead to wind down and indulge in wine and cheese tasting.
The Gourmet Picnic Ride is suitable for riders of all abilities from nervous first timer and beginner riders to very experienced riders. With 200 horses for riding, horses are individually assigned to each rider to ensure that riders of all ages and abilities are matched with a horse to suit their needs. Individual instruction is given to all riders prior to departure and throughout the ride.
This ride is a great day out for individuals, couples, small or larger groups and is a great way to meet new and like-minded people who enjoy horse riding and the outdoors.
The Next Gourmet Picnic Ride is on the 14th of May
- Explore 50km of our private horse riding trails amongst Glenworth Valley’s spectacular wilderness
- Take a break from riding to indulge in a picnic lunch by the banks of Popran Creek and wind down after your ride with wine & cheese tasting
- Relax as you’re in safe hands with our experienced horse riding guides
- No prior riding experience is necessary – our horse riding is suitable for all abilities
- You’ll be assigned one of our 200 horses that is suited to your riding ability